The holiday shopping season is somehow upon us already. This year, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite products and linked the best deals for the holiday season from stocking stuffers to bigger ticket items.
- Cocofloss is a luxury floss that’s like a loofah for between your teeth. The expanding floss really gets all the plaque out and it is infused with coconut oil to help glide into tight spaces. They have fun flavors to try too! Orange, strawberry and mint are our personal favorites!
- Burst floss is similar - it’s a thick, loofah-like floss that really feels like it gets your teeth clean. With a nice refreshing taste, we think it is effective and enjoyable. Another feature we like is the dark color - you really get a sense of how much plaque is left behind after brushing and it is eye opening! Discount code: 8XP5UC. (We receive a kickback from this promotion)
Take home whitening trays - These come in many varieties and strengths. Before buying whitening products, you should consider tooth sensitivity and how quickly you want to see results. Generally, you can only purchase the quicker, higher percentage whitening products directly from a dental office. Some products we can recommend are:
- Opalescence Go - These are my go-to recommendation when people ask about fast and inexpensive at home whitening, especially for those with sensitive teeth. You have to buy these directly from a dentist to ensure the freshest product although you may be able to find them through online retailers too. However, there is not a guarantee they have been handled properly and they can become less effective with overheating. OpalescenceGo comes in several strengths but our favorite is 15% for its speedy and effective results AND the added desensitizing ingredients. Call us for pricing!
- Crest White Strips- These are a middle of the road option. They are affordable but don’t contain any desensitizing extras and offer about 1/3 the power as OpalescenceGo. Expect these to take longer to whiten that products you can get directly from your dentist. Buy these online or at your local retailer like Target, Walgreens, etc.
- Burst whitening strips- These are very inexpensive and low power. They are a good option for a first time user of whitening products or someone with very sensitive teeth. Discount code: 8XP5UC. (We receive a kickback from this promotion)
For the person in your life who has it all, what better gift than an electric toothbrush or oral irrigator? Our favorites include:
- Oral B Professional 1000 electric toothbrush. This is our favorite workhorse brush to recommend. The price point is excellent at $40-50 and it has all the necessary features without extra bells and whistles that not everyone needs.
- Sonicare Diamond Clean - on the other end of the spectrum, this toothbrush is loaded with bells and whistles. Our favorite feature is the travel case, which helps to keep the toothbrush charged during time away from home.
- Waterpik oral irrigator - Did you know that many studies show oral irrigators can be more effective than traditional flossing at keeping the gums clean and healthy. We find them particularly beneficial for hard to reach areas, deeper gum pockets (anything 4mm+), and around dental implants.
In lieu of physical gift, we have several services you could purchase for your special someone.
Does your bed partner snore? A home sleep test can help you both better understand the potential underlying causes of snoring, like sleep apnea. If you are interested in learning more, call and ask to talk to Julie. She will be happy to answer any questions and get you on the calendar to take the test home.
In office Zoom whitening is a fan favorite gift. It offers the convenience of whitening in a 2 hour appointment. Typical results are similar to what you might get after 1-2 weeks of whitening at home.
Do you have questions about any of the products or services on this list? Call us or send us an email and we will be happy to help with your holiday shopping!